Reliant Fire and Security provides inspections for all fire alarm systems. Our Life Safety experts will review your inspection reports with you to make sure all of your questions are answered and that you feel comfortable with the test. We provide electronic copies of all the inspections as well as a paper copy which is left on site.
- Fire alarm systems are comprised of many different components, each require different testing procedures and frequencies. Due to the complex nature pf a fire alarm system, NFPA 72 requires extensive testing performed by a qualified state licensed inspection. During the annual fire department inspection, the inspector will verify the testing has been performed and completed as per the NFPA 72 standards and guidelines.
NFPA 72 Chapter 14 is our baseline for conducting thorough inspections, testing, and maintenance of fire protection systems. Compliance helps maximize system integrity to avoid failure and ensure fast, effective response in a fire emergency.
The entire system is required to be thoroughly inspected, tested and maintained each year by an approved servicing company. Testing must include control equipment, remote annunciators, initiating devices, HVAC shutdown devices and alarm notification appliances.
Fire Inspections are conducted on all commercial properties. The objective of these inspections is to enforce Fire Codes for properties and identity and remedy unsafe, hazardous and non- compliant conditions. Annual inspections are also conducted for re-licensing of State run/ approved childcare and adult care facilities. Our Inspectors also respond to complaints of possible unsafe conditions in public businesses/ properties. It is our mission to limit the probability or severity of fires and ensure life safety for both residents and visitors.
Fire Alarm System Inspection & Testing includes:
|Inspect panel||Verify monitoring connection||Inspect annunciator|
|Test pull stations||Test horns/ bells||Test audible/ visual devices|
|Test smoke detectors||Test duct detectors||Test tamper switches|
|Test flow switches||Test fault detection devices||Load test of standby batteries|
- Never paint your fire alarm devices
- Never hang anything from your fire alarm devices
- Do not allow pressure washing of fire alarm devices
- Always report damage to your alarm service company immediately